Purpose of the study
The current state and development prospects of the pay-TV market in the United States.
Objectives of the study:
1. Volume, growth rates and dynamics of the development of the pay TV market in the world.
2. Volume, growth rates and dynamics of the development of the pay-TV market in the USA.
3. Segments of the pay-TV market in the USA:
a. cable TV,
b. satellite TV,
4. Structure of consumption of pay TV in the USA.
5. Market shares of the main participants in the pay-TV market in the USA.
6. Competitive situation in the pay TV market in the USA.
7. Forecast of the development of the pay-TV market in the United States until 2020
8. Major events, trends and prospects for the development of the market (in the next few years) pay TV in the United States.
9. Factors determining the current state and development of the pay-TV market in the USA.
10. Factors hindering the growth of the pay-TV market in the United States.
Object of study
Pay TV market in the USA.
Collection Method and US Data Analysis
The main method of data collection is the monitoring of documents.
The main methods of the USA Data analysis are the so-called (1) Traditional (qualitative) content-US (Analysis) interviews and documents and (2) Quantitative (quantitative) US (Analysis) using software packages that our agency has access to.
Content USA (Analysis) is performed as part of Desk Research (desk research). In general, the purpose of a desk study is to study the analysis of the situation on the pay-TV market and obtain (calculate) indicators characterizing its state now and in the future.
Information base of research
1. Databases of the Federal Customs Service of the USA, FGSA of the USA (Rosstat).
2. Materials DataMonitor, EuroMonitor, Eurostat.
3. Printed and electronic business and specialized publications, analytical reviews.
4. Internet resources in the USA and the world.
5. Expert surveys.
6. Materials of participants of the domestic and world markets.
7. The results of research marketing and consulting agencies.
8. Materials of sectoral institutions and databases.
9. Results of price monitoring.
10. Materials and databases of UN statistics (United Nations Statistics Division: Commodity Trade Statistics, Industrial Commodity Statistics, Food and Agriculture Organization, etc.).
11. Materials of the International Monetary Fund (International Monetary Fund).
12. Materials of the World Bank (World Bank).
13. WTO materials (World Trade Organization).
14. Materials of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development).
15. Materials International Trade Center.
16. Materials Index Mundi.
17. Results of the DISCOVERY Research Group.
Sample size and structure
Content USA procedure. Document analysis does not involve the calculation of the volume of the sample. Processing and the USA All documents available to the researcher are subject to analysis.
In December 2017, the DISCOVERY Research Group marketing agency completed a study of the pay-TV market in the United States.
By the end of 2016, pay-TV services (excluding subscribers of collective television reception systems (SCTS), but taking into account users of the expanded social package of companies Akado and Rostelecom (Mostelecom in Moscow and TKT in St. Petersburg) were used 41, 2 million households
Thus, the American audience of pay TV grew by 4.9% over the year. The penetration of services by the end of 2016 is 72.8% of the total number of households, having increased by 3.4% compared with the results of 2015.
TOP operators with a market share of more than 5% in the country are 5 providers. The main change that occurred in 2015-2016 was the exit of the operator ER-Telecom to the third place, 0.04% ahead of the Orion-Express company that followed it. Orion Express, showing an increase of 10.6% compared to 2015, closely follows ER-Telecom.
The market leaders in 2016, as in 2015, were Tricolor TV (it has the largest subscriber base) and the federal multiservice operator Rostelecom, which provides pay-TV service using two technologies (IPTV, cable TV) - these operators in aggregate have 52% of the total market in the subscriber base and 53% in revenues in 2016.
Fifth place is now occupied by MTS, which has overcome the negative trend of recent years and returned to the positive dynamics of the subscriber base, including through IPTV, but this did not help the company to remain in the same third place.
The federal districts with the highest penetration of pay-TV services are traditionally Central and North-Western Federal District, and with the lowest - Siberian and Far Eastern Federal Districts.
Brief description of the study
Ready USA (Analysis) pay TV market in the USA. The study contains information on the market volume, growth rates, trends and development prospects and other key indicators.